Over time, the pancreas can’t make enough insulin, and blood glucose ranges rise. You usually tend to develop kind 2 diabetes in case you are not bodily energetic and are overweight or overweight. Extra weight sometimes causes insulin resistance and is common in folks with type 2 diabetes. Extra belly fat is linked to insulin resistance, type 2 diabetes, and coronary heart and blood vessel disease.
- Without immediate medical treatment, sufferers with diabetic ketoacidosis can rapidly go into shock, coma, and even death could outcome.
- Most individuals with kind 2 diabetes need drug therapy to control blood sugar.
- There isn’t any known preventive measure for sort 1 diabetes.
- Symptoms of diabetic ketoacidosis embrace nausea, vomiting, and belly pain.
- However, it’s possible to achieve regular blood sugar ranges with weight loss, a healthy diet and common train.
The blood sugar level is usually decided by pricking a fingertip with a lancing gadget and applying the blood to a glucose meter, which reads the worth. There are many meters available on the market, for instance, Accu-Check Advantage, One Touch Ultra, Sure Step and Freestyle. Each meter has its own advantages and drawbacks (some use much less blood, some have a bigger digital … Read the rest
Exposure to certain viral infections or other environmental toxins could serve to set off irregular antibody responses that trigger injury to the pancreas cells the place insulin is made. Some of the antibodies seen in kind 1 diabetes embody anti-islet cell antibodies, anti-insulin antibodies and anti-glutamic decarboxylase antibodies. These antibodies could be detected in the majority of sufferers, and should help decide which individuals are in danger for developing sort 1 diabetes. In individuals with type 1 diabetes, the beta cells of the pancreas, that are responsible for insulin manufacturing, are attacked by the misdirected immune system. It is believed that the tendency to develop irregular antibodies in type 1 diabetes is, in part, genetically inherited, although the small print are not absolutely understood.
- Pre-diabetes is a situation in which blood glucose levels are higher than normal, although not excessive sufficient to cause diabetes.
- Pre-diabetes has no signs, but has a spread of threat factors including weight problems, smoking, coronary heart illness, polycystic ovarian syndrome and high blood pressure.
- Without remedy, about one in three people with pre-diabetes will develop kind 2 diabetes.
- Blood tests, for instance, the hemoglobin A1c check and urinalysis can diagnose the type of diabetes the
… Read the rest
Difficulties with sexual function can be problematic for both men and women with Type 2 diabetes. Researchers at the University of California in San Francisco and Kaiser Permanente Hospital in Oakland, United States, looked at sexual dysfunction in diabetic women so they could begin to understand it better.
This particular study, published in the journal Obstetrics and Gynecology in August 2012, included 2,270 women between the ages of 40 to 80. Of the total: 486 or 21.4 percent had diabetes, and 139 or 6.1 percent were taking diabetes medications.
the diabetics being treated with insulin had more than twice the likelihood of having sexual problems than the non-diabetic women.
the ladies with Type 2 diabetes but not on insulin had a 42 percent higher chance of having sexual problems than non-diabetic women.
The women with other diabetic complications, including:
heart and blood vessel disease,
kidney disorder, and
were more likely to have sexual problems than the ladies without these or similar complications.
From this information, it was concluded preventing the complications of Type 2 diabetes could be important for preserving normal sexual function.
The diabetic ladies being treated with insulin were likely to have had more difficulty … Read the rest
Diabetes is one of the most fast spreading disease all over the world and the medical world has still not been able to find a permanent cure for it. It is a condition characterized by increase in levels of blood sugar or glucose in the blood. Diabetes occurs when the pancreas are unable to produce sufficient insulin or if the body starts to stop responding to insulin which is essential for the absorption of glucose by the cells present in the blood. Although diabetes can be managed with some changes in lifestyle still it is better to adopt preventive measures so that we do not get diabetes at all.
Start Exercising And Get Fit
People who workout regularly and indulge in physical activities are less likely to get diabetes. It is because a regular fitness regimen helps in maintaining a balanced Body Mass Index and at the same time also reduces the levels of blood sugar. Sensitivity towards insulin can also be increased through regular exercise. It has been found that resistance training and aerobics are effective in preventing diabetes.
Eat More Fibre Rich Foods
Fibre rich foods like bananas, apples, seeds, beans and nuts are helpful in preventing diabetes. … Read the rest
Experiments involving rabbits that were carried out at a University in Egypt during 2011 showed that bee pollen can increase fertility significantly, but what about bee pollen and diabetes? Can diabetics really benefit if they take bee pollen as a daily dietary supplement?
It certainly seems to be the case. Pollen collected from bee hives is one of the most complete foods in the world. It contains everything we need in terms of nutrition. In fact, if you were stranded on a deserted island somewhere, you could survive on bee pollen alone, providing of course that you also had fresh water to drink.
On a pound for pound basis, pollen contains more protein than beef. It is also packed with vitamins and nutrients which are already known to be beneficial to diabetics. For example, pollen contains all the B complex vitamins, one of which is Thiamine (Vitamin B1). Thiamine is routinely used in diabetes treatments, so already we can see the benefits of pollen emerging.
Pollen is also a good source of nicotinic acid, which like vitamin B1, is also regularly used for treating diabetes. The biggest benefit however, is the fact that it provides a massive amount of nutrients, … Read the rest
When you find out you have diabetes, that can be shocking news. However, there is a lot you can do to manage your diabetes in a way that makes sure you have a good life in spite of the disease. This article provides you with some tips to make sure you are managing your diabetes in the most positive way you can.
1. Know about your disease. This is absolutely critical. Don’t just take your doctor’s word for how your body is working. Check out diagrams and information available to help you understand what is going on in your body. This will demystify the disease for you, which will allow you to do your blood testing and insulin administration with a full understanding of why those actions are important and what the results and amounts mean to you.
2. Realize the changes you are making are permanent lifestyle changes. You are going to have to make some changes when you become a diabetic. That is known by almost everyone. However, what you must come to terms with is the fact that the changes you make are going to have to last you an entire lifetime. That means that you really … Read the rest