People with glaucoma can lose their imaginative and prescient and eventually turn into blind, and the illness is likely one of the main causes of blindness within the United States. Early remedy—through eye drops or surgical procedure—may help gradual the disease’s development and stop vision loss. People can develop glaucoma at any age, nevertheless it usually affects older adults. About 21 million Americans have some sort of vision drawback, based on a survey performed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention .
- By detecting eye illnesses similar to these and treating them as quickly as possible, consultants estimate that almost half of all imaginative and prescient loss and blindness could possibly be prevented.
- We also evaluate your capacity to regulate focus, and to see colour and depth usually.
- Due to its powerful antioxidant properties, lutein could help reduce inflammation in your eyes, fight off free radicals, cut back oxidative stress, and boost the sharpness of your vision.
- Research has proven that it may even have benefits related to various eye ailments and conditions, including age-related macular degeneration.
- As docs of optometry, we evaluate many components that can affect your vision and eye health.
- And individuals who have diabetes can