Missing teeth can cause dental complications, negatively impacting your body image. Dental implant surgery relies on metal posts to replace tooth roots. This treatment is an alternative to dentures or bridges or a complementary treatment for these techniques to ensure you have teeth roots to support a denture or bridgework tooth replacements. Dental implant surgery is a treatment that requires individualization. Your doctor will perform Glendale CA implant dentistry depending on the type of dental implant you need and your jawbone’s condition. Your dental implant procedure may last several months to allow your bone enough time to heal around your implant for structural support.
The benefits of dental implants surgery
Dental implant surgery is a restorative dental treatment that allows normal teeth to function by adding metal posts to gaps in your teeth. This surgical procedure will ensure you can chew and talk properly due to the dental implants your doctor will place in your jawbone to replace missing tooth roots.
Dental implants are reliable teeth replacements because of the material used to make the posts. The titanium fuses tightly with your jawbone after dental implant placements, preventing slipping during meals or talking. Moreover, dental implants are immune to decay and thus offer long-lasting service.
Why you need dental implants
Although dental implants are effective teeth replacement alternatives, not everyone can. Dental implants are possible for the following situations:
- Tooth loss
- You can have a bone graft to ensure you have adequate bone
- You do not have underlying conditions that can interfere with bone healing
- You have a healthy mouth: It is critical not to have underlying health conditions affecting bone healing after implantation surgery.
- You cannot wear dentures.
- You have speech problems due to your missing teeth
- You are not an active tobacco smoker
- You can commit to several months of the treatment
Risks associated with dental implants surgery
Dental implant surgery is invasive and thus poses risks. However, collaborating with a qualified physician will minimize your risk of post-surgical complications and ensure you receive appropriate management protocols for any developed problems. The most popular risks of dental implants surgery include the following:
- Infection at the implant site: Your doctor should take necessary hygiene precautions to prevent bacteria entry into your oral tissues from causing infection.
- Over bleeding
- Injury to surrounding tissues, including blood vessels
- Nerve damage causes extreme pain, numbness, or tingling in your mouth.
- Sinus complications due to incorrect placement of dental implants in the upper jaw cause sinus blockage.
- Swelling at the treatment site resolves after a few days following the procedure.
The planning process for dental implants
A comprehensive evaluation is key to confirming the suitability of dental implant surgery in addressing your dental concerns. Your dentist will perform a comprehensive dental exam and review your dental history to analyze your candidacy before tailoring your treatment plan to ensure desired clinical outcomes. Contact LA Dentists Group if you have missing teeth to determine your candidacy to receive dental implants and restore the integrity of your smile.